Fayetteville GA Real Estate
Fayetteville has more homes for sale than any other South of Atlanta, with almost 600 homes for sale there is a beautiful selection here that is sure to have something that is going to be perfect for you. There are gorgeous luxury homes and executive estates in Fayetteville. You can browse each of those listings by selecting your real estate category in the search above, or you click this link to view each one, and then decide a price range which will be suitable for you, so follow this link to all the Homes in Fayetteville GA.
These Are The Top Valued Homes in Fayetteville Right Now
The median cost of listed homes in Fayetteville right now is barely under 200k, at $198,000 dollars per home. A home in that price range in Fayetteville will be a large beautiful home that is well kept, and have wonderful timber landscapes.
Everything you need to know about Fayetteville
Fayetteville is a town located in Fayette County, Georgia, United States. The estimated population of the said town as of 2005 census was around 14,363. The city is the county seat of Fayette County. Fayetteville county seat of, you guessed it, Fayette County and is approximately 22 miles from the city of Atlanta. Fayetteville is further south of College Park, Riverdale, and Jonesboro. In fact, just about the closest city to Fayetteville is Peach Tree City. Fayetteville is plastered with beautiful scenery and friendly people. There are beautiful serene water areas that are perfect for a noon day stroll, that are just like out of a scene from an old movie like Gone With the Wind. Shopping and Dining There are a number of places to shop in Fayetteville, as therea re roughly 17 grocyer stores, 2 super club stores, and 45 convenient stores. That’s as much as you could ask for in an area with only 15,000 people. Because of the large amount of stores, a large amount of the jobs here are in retail. There are over 98 full-service restaurants in Fayetteville as well. Most of Fayetteville is Republican, just like the rest of Georgia. And about 3/4 of the people here would consider themselves religious, with about half of them belonging to the southern Baptist convention. Real Estate Real Estate in Fayetteville has been hard as anywhere else. For example, in 2005 there were over 200 Home Purchase loans, in 2009, roughly 25 home purchase loans. That means that homes have been sitting stagnant in Fayetteville for a long time. It also means that with new interest rates, right now is an incredible time to buy a home in Fayetteville. Prices have dropped on homes, interest rates are incredibly low.
Fayetteville Neighborhoods and Subdivisions
The median income for a household in the city was $55,208, and the median income for a family was $62,133. Males had a median income of $43,949 versus $35,035 for females. The per capita income for the city was $26,551. About 2.4% of families and 3.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.1% of those under age 18 and 8.8% of those age 65 or over. Fayetteville is a great place to look for a house for sale. Thank you for your interest in Fayetteville Georgia Real Estate. If you are looking to relocate to Fayetteville GA, here are some quick facts that might help you in your decision making.
- Fayetteville is a rapidly growing city, with a population that was near 11,000 in the year 2000, and nearly 15,000 in 2005 and growth is projected to continue in growth.
- Fayetteville is 22 miles south of Atlanta.
- Fayetteville is over 80% White.
- The median income in Fayetteville for a family is $62,000.
- Fayetteville is very historic, and includes the oldest courthouse in Georgia which was constructed in 1825.
Searching for homes by the number of bedrooms
If you aren’t sure what area to live in, a good way to search is actually to specify the number of bedrooms. Believe it or not, this actually takes a lot of guesswork out of your home searching. For example, if you are looking for a smaller home in a less expensive area and have some down to earth neighbors that will be great friends, then search for a 3 bedroom home. If you want to live in a wealthy area, then if you search for a 5 bedroom home, then chances are that your neighbors will also have 5 bedrooom house neighbors who have also spent a bit extra to live in a nice area.
Educational Institutions and Schools in Fayetteville
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Fayetteville:
- Clayton State University – about 13 miles; Morrow
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus – about 16 miles; Atlanta
- Griffin Technical College – about 17 miles; Griffin
- Atlanta Technical College – about 19 miles; Atlanta
- Georgia Perimeter College – about 21 miles; Decatur
- Spelman College – about 21 miles; Atlanta
- Morehouse College – about 21 miles; Atlanta
Public high schools in Fayetteville:
- Evening School – Students: 29; Location: 205
- Whitewater High School – Students: 1,698
- Fayette County High School – Students: 1,398
- Starrs Mill High School – Students: 1,663
Private high schools in Fayetteville:
- Grace Christian Academy – Students: 235
- Fayette Christian School – Students: 72
Biggest public elementary/middle schools in Fayetteville:
- Whitewater Middle School – Students: 936
- Peeples Elementary School – Students: 840
- Fayette Middle School – Students: 835
- Sara Harp Minter Elementary School – Students: 68705)
- Spring Hill Elementary School – Students: 582
- East Fayette Elementary School – Students: 571
- Bennett’s Mill Middle School – Students: 540
- Cleveland Elementary School – Students: 530
- North Fayette Elementary School – Students: 470
- Fayetteville Intermediate School – Students: 460
Private elementary/middle schools in Fayetteville:
- Fayette Montessori School – Students: 121
- Counterpane School – Students: 106
- Rising Star Montessori – Students: 70
- Joseph Sams School – Students: 65
- Crossroads Christian School -Students: 60