Fairburn Georgia Homes For Sale
There are nearly 250 active listings of homes for sale in Fairburn right now. These gorgeous homes are some of the most desirable South of Atlanta. You can view all of the listings by any of the following options, click on this links at the bottom of this page or from the drop down menu above. You can also click this link to view every property for sale in Fairburn, these will include all of the townhouses, condos, short sales, foreclosures, bank owned properties, REO properties, luxury homes, starter homes, and affordable houses in Fairburn. So try it outFairburn GA Houses For Sale
These are the 4 highest valued homes available for purchase in Fairburn GA right now
According to city data, the median price of a home in South Atlanta is nearly $200,000. But the median listing price right now is actually at $120,000. That means that you can get into a gorgeous two story, five bedroom, three bathroom home for an incredible price. These homes are much more affordable to live in than the cost of renting elsewhere.
From the heart of Atlanta to Fairburn is approximately 30 minutes Southwest, or in other words 17 miles away from Atlanta is Fairburn. If you go directly South for about 25 minutes, you’ll be in Peachtree City. This makes Fairburn GA one of the nicest places to live in the entire state. Fairburn has sparse lakes throughout it, several parks, neighborhoods that give plenty of space to the other neighborhoods. There’s also plenty to do here – the Shannon Mall shopping center has nearly 100 stores to shop in, and is directly off of I-85.
Other Fairburn Facts:
- Fairburn has a slightly higher median household income than the rest of Georgia, as it is right underneath $50,000 a year, whereas Georgia is at $47,000. Fairburn houses are listed slightly under the Georgian average, at $159,000, but homes values have still rose about $65K since the turn of the millenium.
- Most of Fairburn is Black, and about 1/10th hispanic, and 1/4 white. Fairburn is not a large land mass, it covers about 7 and 1/4 square miles.
- Home prices in Fairburn appear to be on the rebound, especially with interest rates as great as they are right now. It appears that Fairburn is going to be pulling out of the dip which they have been in. New homes were being built like crazy in Fairburn, where in 2005 there were nearly 400 permits extended, and in 2009 there was only one.
- Unemployment in Fairburn is close to the national average, right around 10%.
- Most of the jobs in Fairburn are related to Construction or Retail.
Relocating to Fairburn Georgia
If you want to move to this beautiful part of the United States, then you should know just a few quick facts about Fairburn. Here they are:
- Fairburn is home of the Georgia Military College.
- The public high school here is the Creekside High School, which is home of 2,400 students.
- Elementary and Middle Schools in Fairburn include the Campbell Elementary Schook, E.C. West Elementary School, Renaissance Elementary School, Renaissance Middle School, and the Bear Creek Middle School.
- Fairburn is one of the few places in Georgia to typically vote Democrat.
- Fairburn is one of the most religiously Christian diverse places in Georgia, with no dominant religious practice.
- Hobgood-Palmer Memorial Library, and the Fairburn City Hall.
- Parks include: Duncan Memorial Park, Fairburn Commercial Historic District.
- Lakes and reservoirs inclue Milams Lake, City Lake, Hendersons Lake.
- For those who want a beautiful wildlife viewing, the Georgia Rehabillitation of Wildlife Center, and the Grow Center are both located in Fairburn.
For its small size, Fairburn is heavily saturated with Shopping Centers, partially because of its central location. There are 190 grocery stores, and 7 supercenters or club stores in Fairburn. There are 1,102 full-service restaurants in Fairburn.